Police search for Newham armed robbery suspect
- Credit: Archant
Police want to speak to a man in connection with two armed robberies, one of which was in Forest Gate.
The Metropolitan Police’s Flying Squad released an image of the man after a robbery at a betting shop in Woodgrange Road which took place on February 4 at 8.50am.
Detective Sergeant Scott Chimes said cashiers were put through a “frightening experience” as the man revealed a firearm, demanded cash and then left on foot.
“The cashiers have had to endure a frightening experience due to this person’s actions,” he said. “We are seeking to identify and trace as a priority.”
The man, who police say may have links to Newham, is also wanted for questioning in connection with an armed robbery in Woodford Green.
Police say he entered a betting shop in Snakes Lane, produced a firearm and demanded cash from a female cashier.
He is described as white, 5ft8ins, between 25 and 30 and of slim build.
- 1 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 6 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 7 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 8 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 9 'A kind, gentle man': Tributes to retired printworker and beloved father
- 10 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8345 1400 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.