Police search for Newham armed robbery suspect
- Credit: Archant
Police want to speak to a man in connection with two armed robberies, one of which was in Forest Gate.
The Metropolitan Police’s Flying Squad released an image of the man after a robbery at a betting shop in Woodgrange Road which took place on February 4 at 8.50am.
Detective Sergeant Scott Chimes said cashiers were put through a “frightening experience” as the man revealed a firearm, demanded cash and then left on foot.
“The cashiers have had to endure a frightening experience due to this person’s actions,” he said. “We are seeking to identify and trace as a priority.”
The man, who police say may have links to Newham, is also wanted for questioning in connection with an armed robbery in Woodford Green.
You may also want to watch:
Police say he entered a betting shop in Snakes Lane, produced a firearm and demanded cash from a female cashier.
He is described as white, 5ft8ins, between 25 and 30 and of slim build.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8345 1400 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.