Police release CCTV still of man in connection with missing Evelin Mezei, 12, from Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Police in Newham are urgently seeking the public’s help to trace a missing 12-year-old girl.
Evelin Mezei was last seen in Grove Crescent, Stratford, at around 10.00pm on April 13.
Police have released a CCTV still of a man they would like to speak to in connection with her disappearance.
The CCTV still was taken at around 10.30pm on April 13 in Romford Road, Forest Gate, nearly an hour after Evelin Mezei was last seen by her mother in Grove Crescent Road.
Officers are keen to trace this man as he may hold vital information about Evelin’s whereabouts.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Lewis Hastie of Newham Police said:
“At this stage we have no evidence to suggest that Evelin has come to any harm but she is a young girl, new to this country and clearly vulnerable.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
“We urgently need to find her and, at this time, this man is the last person we know who has had contact with Evelin.”
Evelin is a Hungarian national who has only been in the UK for six months. She has been living in the Newham area.
She is a white, of large build and was wearing a red jacket and black leggings with white stars on the legs.
She was also carrying a black and red schoolbag style bag.
Officers are concerned as Evelin has not been reported missing before.
Anyone who recognises the man in the image with Evelin, or who has seen Evelin or knows of her whereabouts is asked to contact Newham Police on 101, quoting ref: 15MIS013285. Alternatively call the charity Missing People on 116000.