Police probe stabbing of student in Plaistow: 11 arrested
Detectives are investigating after a young student was stabbed in Plaistow yesterday.
It is understood that the student, believed to be in his 20s. walked into Newham General Hospital just after 8am on Friday to say he had been stabbed.
He is understood to be an Indian student enrolled for an MBA.
Eleven people have been arrested following the stabbing.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said he is in hospital in a critical condition, with wounds to the abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
Reports in the Indian media have identified the victim as Praveen Reddy, who was enrolled for an MBA a business school.
The Scotland Yard spokesman added: “Police were called at 8.23am yesterday to Newham General Hospital after a man in his 20’s was admitted suffering from stab wounds. He is currently in hospital in a critical condition.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 7 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 10 Canning Town pupils gain courage through poetry workshops
“Officers believe the man sustained his injuries at an address in Kent Street, Plaistow. Eleven people have been arrested, including one woman. Four remain in custody. The other seven have been bailed until future dates. Detectives from Newham Borough are investigating.”