Police probe stabbing of student in Plaistow: 11 arrested
Detectives are investigating after a young student was stabbed in Plaistow yesterday.
It is understood that the student, believed to be in his 20s. walked into Newham General Hospital just after 8am on Friday to say he had been stabbed.
He is understood to be an Indian student enrolled for an MBA.
Eleven people have been arrested following the stabbing.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said he is in hospital in a critical condition, with wounds to the abdomen.
Reports in the Indian media have identified the victim as Praveen Reddy, who was enrolled for an MBA a business school.
The Scotland Yard spokesman added: “Police were called at 8.23am yesterday to Newham General Hospital after a man in his 20’s was admitted suffering from stab wounds. He is currently in hospital in a critical condition.
- 1 'A kind, gentle man': Tributes to retired printworker and beloved father
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
- 4 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 5 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 6 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 7 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 8 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 9 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 10 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
“Officers believe the man sustained his injuries at an address in Kent Street, Plaistow. Eleven people have been arrested, including one woman. Four remain in custody. The other seven have been bailed until future dates. Detectives from Newham Borough are investigating.”