Police probe stabbing of student in Plaistow: 11 arrested
Detectives are investigating after a young student was stabbed in Plaistow yesterday.
It is understood that the student, believed to be in his 20s. walked into Newham General Hospital just after 8am on Friday to say he had been stabbed.
He is understood to be an Indian student enrolled for an MBA.
Eleven people have been arrested following the stabbing.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said he is in hospital in a critical condition, with wounds to the abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
Reports in the Indian media have identified the victim as Praveen Reddy, who was enrolled for an MBA a business school.
The Scotland Yard spokesman added: “Police were called at 8.23am yesterday to Newham General Hospital after a man in his 20’s was admitted suffering from stab wounds. He is currently in hospital in a critical condition.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
“Officers believe the man sustained his injuries at an address in Kent Street, Plaistow. Eleven people have been arrested, including one woman. Four remain in custody. The other seven have been bailed until future dates. Detectives from Newham Borough are investigating.”