Police probe man’s mystery death plunge
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Mystery surrounds the death of a man who suffered fatal injuries after falling from a second storey roof in Whitechapel earlier this morning.
Police and ambulance crews were called to Whitechapel Road at 9.19 am after reports a man had plunged from the roof.
The man,believed to be in his thirties, was found suffering serious injuries and died at the scene shortly after.
Police are treating the death as unexplained.
Traffic diversions were in operation following road closures.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said:
“We await next of kin and formal identification. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
No arrests have been made.