Police probe man’s mystery death plunge
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Mystery surrounds the death of a man who suffered fatal injuries after falling from a second storey roof in Whitechapel earlier this morning.
Police and ambulance crews were called to Whitechapel Road at 9.19 am after reports a man had plunged from the roof.
The man,believed to be in his thirties, was found suffering serious injuries and died at the scene shortly after.
Police are treating the death as unexplained.
Traffic diversions were in operation following road closures.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said:
“We await next of kin and formal identification. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.”
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
No arrests have been made.