Police name man found hanging in Newham park
Detectives have identified a man who was found hanging in a Newham park on Wednesday morning.
He is Dean Moriarty, 42, of Harpley Square, Whitechapel.
Officers were called to Canning Town Recreation Ground in Freemasons Road, Custom House by a member of the public who reported seeing a body hanging from a piece of climbing equipment in the children’s play area.
The park was closed by police after the discovery.
Although paramedics arrived at the scene the man was pronounced dead.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the death which is being treated as non-suspicious.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 7 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 8 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration