Police name man found hanging in Newham park
Detectives have identified a man who was found hanging in a Newham park on Wednesday morning.
He is Dean Moriarty, 42, of Harpley Square, Whitechapel.
Officers were called to Canning Town Recreation Ground in Freemasons Road, Custom House by a member of the public who reported seeing a body hanging from a piece of climbing equipment in the children’s play area.
The park was closed by police after the discovery.
Although paramedics arrived at the scene the man was pronounced dead.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the death which is being treated as non-suspicious.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest