Police launch murder probe after Forest Gate death
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a woman was strangled.
Officers were called to an address in Disraeli Road in the early hours of Sunday morning to reports of an unconscious female.
Paramedics took the 37-year-old woman to an east London hospital where she was pronounced dead a short time later. Next of kin have been informed.
Although detectives believe they know who the woman is, they have not released details of her identity.
A post-mortem examination at East Ham mortuary yesterday gave cause of death as strangulation.
You may also want to watch:
An incident room has opened at Barking under Detective Chief Inspector John Sandlin. Anyone with information that may help the investigation should call the incident room on 020 8345 3765.
A 34-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident and is in police custody.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services