Police launch murder probe after Forest Gate death
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a woman was strangled.
Officers were called to an address in Disraeli Road in the early hours of Sunday morning to reports of an unconscious female.
Paramedics took the 37-year-old woman to an east London hospital where she was pronounced dead a short time later. Next of kin have been informed.
Although detectives believe they know who the woman is, they have not released details of her identity.
A post-mortem examination at East Ham mortuary yesterday gave cause of death as strangulation.
You may also want to watch:
An incident room has opened at Barking under Detective Chief Inspector John Sandlin. Anyone with information that may help the investigation should call the incident room on 020 8345 3765.
A 34-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident and is in police custody.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham