Police issue appeal after death of woman who fell in Stratford canal
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward with information following the death of a woman who fell into a Stratford canal.
Police, paramedics and the fire brigade were called just before 7am on Sunday January 19 to reports that a woman had fallen into the canal at Marshgate Lane.
Although the 36-year-old was rescued from the water and taken to an East London Hospital she has since died.
The woman was described as white, approximately 5’ 05” tall with dark brown shoulder length curly hair. She was wearing a pink cardigan, dark trousers and black shoes at the time.
Police are not treating this as suspicious at this stage but are asking the public to contact Newham Police on 101 if they saw her prior to her falling into the water.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information can also call PC Benge On 101 quoting reference 2336/19. Or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow