Police issue appeal after death of woman who fell in Stratford canal
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward with information following the death of a woman who fell into a Stratford canal.
Police, paramedics and the fire brigade were called just before 7am on Sunday January 19 to reports that a woman had fallen into the canal at Marshgate Lane.
Although the 36-year-old was rescued from the water and taken to an East London Hospital she has since died.
The woman was described as white, approximately 5’ 05” tall with dark brown shoulder length curly hair. She was wearing a pink cardigan, dark trousers and black shoes at the time.
Police are not treating this as suspicious at this stage but are asking the public to contact Newham Police on 101 if they saw her prior to her falling into the water.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information can also call PC Benge On 101 quoting reference 2336/19. Or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park