Police issue appeal after death of woman who fell in Stratford canal
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward with information following the death of a woman who fell into a Stratford canal.
Police, paramedics and the fire brigade were called just before 7am on Sunday January 19 to reports that a woman had fallen into the canal at Marshgate Lane.
Although the 36-year-old was rescued from the water and taken to an East London Hospital she has since died.
The woman was described as white, approximately 5’ 05” tall with dark brown shoulder length curly hair. She was wearing a pink cardigan, dark trousers and black shoes at the time.
Police are not treating this as suspicious at this stage but are asking the public to contact Newham Police on 101 if they saw her prior to her falling into the water.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information can also call PC Benge On 101 quoting reference 2336/19. Or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years