Police enquiries on-going after Stratford dawn blaze
- Credit: sub
Two fire engines were called out in the early hours this morning after the front of two properties caught alight in a blaze.
The fire, which was on Saint George’s Road in Stratford, is the second to have taken place on the street this year.
Engines from Plaistow and Stratford fire stations attended the blaze at 4.15am and the fire was out fifteen minutes later.
The fire brigade alerted the police who arrived at the scene at 4.58am.
Their initial enquiries show the fire started outside the property were debris had caught fire in the front garden.
Police enquiries at the scene are on-going and any witnesses with information are urged to contact Forest Gate police station on 101.
- 1 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 7 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas