Police appeal: Search for two men after 87 year-old pensioner has purse stolen
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward after an elderly woman had her money stolen during a distraction theft on Monday 23rd September 2013.
After a short bus journey, the 87 year-old lady got off a 101 bus at Manor Park Church, High Street North, E6.
Two men she had seen on the bus approached her as she walked down the walkway leading to Bluebell Avenue at 10:00 hrs,
The first caught got her attention by saying she had dropped her newspaper. He then approached her with a newspaper putting it into her bag but then as he withdrew his hand he took the newspaper back out.
Both men then walked off towards High Street North before the elderly lady realised her money had been taken from her bag.
You may also want to watch:
The first man is described as a stocky Asian man in his 40s and between 5’ 08” and 6’ 00” tall. He was wearing a white shirt at the time and spoke with an Indian accent.
The second man is also described as a stocky Asian man in his 40s and about 5’ 10” tall.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
Anyone with information or who recognises the men from the images is asked to call Newham police on 101 quoting reference CRIS 5324720/13. Alternatively, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.