Police appeal: Search for two men after 87 year-old pensioner has purse stolen
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward after an elderly woman had her money stolen during a distraction theft on Monday 23rd September 2013.
After a short bus journey, the 87 year-old lady got off a 101 bus at Manor Park Church, High Street North, E6.
Two men she had seen on the bus approached her as she walked down the walkway leading to Bluebell Avenue at 10:00 hrs,
The first caught got her attention by saying she had dropped her newspaper. He then approached her with a newspaper putting it into her bag but then as he withdrew his hand he took the newspaper back out.
Both men then walked off towards High Street North before the elderly lady realised her money had been taken from her bag.
The first man is described as a stocky Asian man in his 40s and between 5’ 08” and 6’ 00” tall. He was wearing a white shirt at the time and spoke with an Indian accent.
The second man is also described as a stocky Asian man in his 40s and about 5’ 10” tall.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 Kelman's first goal lifts Leyton Orient to third straight win
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 London among areas where drought is declared
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 9 Two guilty of killing rapper who featured in BBC teen knife crime documentary
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
Anyone with information or who recognises the men from the images is asked to call Newham police on 101 quoting reference CRIS 5324720/13. Alternatively, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.