Police appeal for witnesses over assault on Newham woman
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 34-year-old woman suffered a minor head injury following an assault outside a church in Stratford.
The woman was walking past St John Church, Broadway, on Saturday, November 2, at around 5.30pm, when she felt a sharp pain at the back of her head.
As the victim continued on her way, she was soon approached by two women who said they had witnessed the assault and she was treated for injuries the next day.
The suspect, described as wearing a light coloured hooded top, was seen running away with the hood pulled up, towards the High Street.
If you have any information relating to this incident, please contact Det Con Neil Green, at Forest Gate Police Station on 0208 217 5853.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively to remain anonymous please call crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford