Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian fatally struck by stolen car in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian was killed when he was hit by a stolen car.
According to police, the 52-year-old man was walking on a pavement in Forest Drive, close to Manor Park railway station, when the collision happened yesterday at about 7.20am.
Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene. Next of kin have been informed though formal identification has yet to take place.
Officers have described the car as a blue Ford Focus, which had been reported stolen from the Manor Park area.
It came to a stop close to the scene of the incident and a man, who police believe to be the driver, was seen to flee on foot.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call the witness line on 020 8597 4874, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 2 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 5 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 9 Newham residents urged to shop local on Small Business Saturday
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped