Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian fatally struck by stolen car in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a pedestrian was killed when he was hit by a stolen car.
According to police, the 52-year-old man was walking on a pavement in Forest Drive, close to Manor Park railway station, when the collision happened yesterday at about 7.20am.
Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene. Next of kin have been informed though formal identification has yet to take place.
Officers have described the car as a blue Ford Focus, which had been reported stolen from the Manor Park area.
It came to a stop close to the scene of the incident and a man, who police believe to be the driver, was seen to flee on foot.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call the witness line on 020 8597 4874, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford