Police appeal for witnesses after 17-year-old girl dies in fatal Stratford collison
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a young woman died following a collision in Stratford.
Fahmida Zaman, 17, from East Ham, was struck by a silver VW Golf as she crossed Stratford Broadway in slow-moving traffic on Monday, July 6.
The teenager was taken to an East London hospital, where she died from a head injury three days later, on Thursday.
The driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene, and no arrests have yet been made. An inquest opened and adjourned at Waltham Forest Coroner’s Court yesterday.
DC Neil Green of the Serious Collision Investigation Unit based at Chadwell Heath leads the investigation. He said:
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time of the collision to come forward and speak to police. “It may not have been apparent how serious Fahmida’s injuries were at the time of the collision but we need to ensure we have all the information available as to what happened.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
Anyone with information is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit in Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874 or the police non-emergency line on 101.