Police appeal following cashpoint distraction thefts
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a series of three cashpoint distraction thefts have released these CCTV images of four men who are believed to be from Newham and Sutton.
Officers want to speak to them in connection with the thefts which occurred in Watford town centre in December last year.
The elderly victims were distracted while using a HSBC cashpoint in Watford High Street and their bank cards were stolen and money was taken from their accounts.
PC Priya Patel, who is investigating the thefts, said: “We have obtained CCTV images of four men who may be able to provide information that is vital to the investigation.
“If you recognise the men, or if you recognise yourself, please contact me immediately.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PC Patel via the Herts police non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines