Police appeal following cashpoint distraction thefts
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a series of three cashpoint distraction thefts have released these CCTV images of four men who are believed to be from Newham and Sutton.
Officers want to speak to them in connection with the thefts which occurred in Watford town centre in December last year.
The elderly victims were distracted while using a HSBC cashpoint in Watford High Street and their bank cards were stolen and money was taken from their accounts.
PC Priya Patel, who is investigating the thefts, said: “We have obtained CCTV images of four men who may be able to provide information that is vital to the investigation.
“If you recognise the men, or if you recognise yourself, please contact me immediately.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Patel via the Herts police non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Plenty more to come from West Ham's Scamacca says McKinlay
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 6 Kehrer can 'bring a number of things' to West Ham United
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 10 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley