Plus sized runner Julie shares her perspective as a Stratford mum
- Credit: Archant
Julie Creffield is a committed size 18 runner despite the insensitive and sometimes downright rude comments she gets while pounding the streets of Stratford.
In her latest column She talks about her experience as a runner.
“Are you a mum on the run?
Before becoming a mum my idea of a treat was a night out or a mini break somewhere exciting, but these days my desires are much simpler.
As a busy mum to my 14-month-old daughter the thing which is lacking in my life is not luxury, it is time – as there never seems to be enough of the stuff.
You may also want to watch:
My day is not my own anymore, what with my child’s needs and desires; some days I am lucky if I even manage an hour to myself for a bath.
So you can see perhaps why exercise for mums can slip way down on the priority list, and why walking and housework tend to be the activity of choice.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
But there are so many other ways to ensure your health and well-being are not completely forgotten and this is the whole concept of my new eBook “99 ways to run with a baby” which is available on Amazon for £2.99
Tip no 17 is to try a Baby Bootcamp session like the one I run in Abbey Lane Park on a Wednesday morning.
I am starting one in the Olympic Park on a Wednesday afternoon from April 2.
These sessions are a great way to get your heart pumping and your muscles working all in a friendly fun environment.
To book a place at the launch of my eBook on Wednesday, March 26, at the Unity Café at 1pm contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Local mums are particularly welcome and will receive a FREE copy.”
You can also see Julie’s blog at http://thefatgirlsguidetorunning.com/