Player scoops £12,664 jackpot on Stratford casino’s slot machine
- Credit: Archant
New rules to increase the maximum jackpot on slot machines have proved fruitful for one player at Westfield Stratford City.
The anonymous gamer won £12,664 at Aspers Casino under the new legislation which allows ‘progressive jackpot’ payouts of up to £20,000.
The rules, which came into force this month, apply to machines linked on the same premises.
Tony McPhee, Head of Slots & Electronic said: “We’d like to take this opportunity to congratulate the lucky winner.
“It’s great to see someone was able to scoop such a big win so soon after the new legislation came in to force, now we’re waiting to see if anyone can claim the full £20,000 progressive jackpot in the coming weeks,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
The casino hosts more than 140,000 guests each month and boasts the largest poker room in London.
It has branches in Newcastle, Northampton and Milton Keynes, as well as abroad.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 10 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
The new legislation allows a higher maximum jackpot, with the amount that can be won from a single slot machine more than doubling from £4,000 to £10,000.
The maximum stake was also increased from £2 to £5 in the B1 category of gambling machines, which includes slot machines.