Player scoops £12,664 jackpot on Stratford casino’s slot machine
- Credit: Archant
New rules to increase the maximum jackpot on slot machines have proved fruitful for one player at Westfield Stratford City.
The anonymous gamer won £12,664 at Aspers Casino under the new legislation which allows ‘progressive jackpot’ payouts of up to £20,000.
The rules, which came into force this month, apply to machines linked on the same premises.
Tony McPhee, Head of Slots & Electronic said: “We’d like to take this opportunity to congratulate the lucky winner.
“It’s great to see someone was able to scoop such a big win so soon after the new legislation came in to force, now we’re waiting to see if anyone can claim the full £20,000 progressive jackpot in the coming weeks,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
The casino hosts more than 140,000 guests each month and boasts the largest poker room in London.
It has branches in Newcastle, Northampton and Milton Keynes, as well as abroad.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 3 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 6 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 7 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 10 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
The new legislation allows a higher maximum jackpot, with the amount that can be won from a single slot machine more than doubling from £4,000 to £10,000.
The maximum stake was also increased from £2 to £5 in the B1 category of gambling machines, which includes slot machines.