Plashet School hunts former students
- Credit: Archant
Plashet School is trying to trace former pupils who can provide advice and support to those currently studying there.
The school, in Plashet Grove, is trying to set up an alumni network to show students what their predecessors have gone on to achieve.
It has registered with the charity Future First, which connects former students to their schools.
There are a number of roles that can be fulfilled by signing up to the network, including providing work placements, mentoring teenagers and supporting fundraising events.
Frankie Clark, Plashet’s head of careers, said: “We are a close community and all staff have a keen interest in knowing what our students progress onto.
You may also want to watch:
“We seek the impact that ex Plashet students who have forged their successful paths in life can make on our current young women.”
Former Plashet students who wish to be involved should contact Ms Clark at email@example.com.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen