Plaistow woman loves her job putting on events at care home
- Credit: Archant
Activity co-ordinator Rose Kimmins loves her job.
She loves helping people have fun, and getting to know the people she cares for.
Rose, from Plaistow, said she “really enjoys being an activity co-ordinator” at Summerdale Court Care Home. “I am always interacting with the residents and it is a great way to get to know them on an individual basis,” she said.
Rose, who has worked at the Canning Town care home for three years and was previously the manager of a local children’s club, added: “It is now my job to organise daily activities for the residents that are fun and entertaining.”
Her role has seen her bring new ideas to the home to make it more enjoyable for residents.
You may also want to watch:
“When it’s a resident’s birthday we host a party for them and during the summer we put on various activities outside in the garden for them and their relatives, such as barbecues and live music events,” she said.
“Each resident also takes it in turns to be the ‘resident of the day,’ which they all really look forward to, as we arrange for them to have their favourite meal and be pampered.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 What's on across east London this weekend?
Visit fshc.co.uk/summerdale-court-care-home for more.