Plaistow vet’s death sparks sadness
Staff and clients of a veterinary surgeon have expressed their sadness at his loss following his death in December.
Patrick Eves, 60, died on December 12 after a short illness. His funeral took place on December 22 and was followed by a burial at the City of London Cemetery.
Patrick was born on July 19 1952 in Ireland and graduated from Dublin University in 1975.
After a short period with the PDSA he went to work for Meldrum Kidd in Wimbledon. In 1978 he joined the Goddard Veterinary Group in Barking Road, Plaistow and spent 34 years serving the community in Newham as a dedicated veterinary surgeon.
The sympathy cards have been arriving in huge numbers at the Barking Road surgery from shocked and saddened clients and friends, addressed to Patrick’s family and to the veterinary team. He built a loyal team including Carol Hemming and Christine Hunt who worked with Patrick for 24 years and Andrea Morton BVSc MRCVS who worked with him for 23 years.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Whittaker, head veterinary nurse, paid tribute to the private, family man. She said: “I am devastated at the loss of Patrick. He was not only one of the most intelligent men I have ever met but one of the most modest, humble and decent men I have known. Patrick touched the hearts of all who knew him with his honesty, genuine kindness, fairness and sense of humour.”
Patrick leaves behind his immediate family, his wife Ann of 33 years and three sons, Daniel 32, Noel 30, and James 28. Patrick also has two brothers..
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim