Plaistow royalist celebrates Queen’s birthday in style
- Credit: Archant
A rampant royalist celebrated the Queen’s birthday by decking out her house in royal memorabilia at the weekend.
Lil Forkner paid tribute to Queen Elizabeth II on her 87th birthday last Sunday with an array of royal decorations.
The Union Jack was flying proudly in her window and her house was dotted with pictures of Her Majesty.
Lil, of Liddon Road, Plaistow, said: “I like the Queen – I’m a proper Royalist!
“I’m going to keep it decorated because it’s her anniversary in June”, she added.
You may also want to watch:
The Queen’s real birthday is on April 21, but her official celebrations are saved for a Saturday in June, when the Trooping of the Colour will be held.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford