Plaistow primary pupil is author aged nine
A Plaistow primary school pupil has published her first book - at the tender age of nine!
Yumna Bahar Zahra, currently a pupil at Selwyn Primary School in Cecil Road, wrote a collection of children’s stories called ‘The Trail of Fantabulous Stories’ which was launched earlier this month with the help of her older entreprenur brother.
Yumna collected fictional tales from classmates and added to them, writing many herself, to turn her creative writing into an anthology written by and written for young people like herself.
Pen prodigy Yumna said: “I love writing, I love stories, and I love to share them with the world.”
Yumna plans to do this by reading her book to other pupils at Selwyn primary school and neighbouring schools in Newham and Tower Hamlets where she is from.
You may also want to watch:
The precocious youngster says she has always harboured a desire to write her own book and cites her brother Sabirul Islam as an inspiration as he also published his first novel at the age of 17.
Sabirul, 21, is a self-styled ‘teen-trepeneur’ and motivational speaker, and has published two books to inspire young people to succeed called The World At Your Feet and Young Entreprenur World.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
He even launched his own board game Teen-treprenur at the age of 18 to educate young people about business and he hopes Yumna will follow in his footsteps.
‘The Trail of Fantabulous Stories’ is available from Amazon.com in a week’s time, published by www.lulu.com.