Plaistow pensioners enjoy afternoon tea party
- Credit: Dawn Birt
Sheltered accommodation residents in Plaistow have enjoyed a traditional afternoon tea party.
Family and friends joined Lea Court tenants for pots of tea and scones in the summer sunshine.
It was followed by a general knowledge quiz with a prize for the winning team.
Manager Dawn Birt organised the afternoon after receiving a grant from Newham Council’s Let’s Get the Party Started scheme.
She said: “It was wonderful to hear everyone singing along to the 50s and 60s music and reminiscing about what they were doing when the song was in the charts!”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding