Plaistow, New Hampshire votes for Donald Trump in US election
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The results are in – and our American namesake chose Trump.
Voters in Plaistow, New Hampshire picked Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton in the US presidential election on Tuesday last week.
The small town – which sent representatives to Plaistow, Newham in September – went 57.5 per cent for the billionaire and soon-to-be 45th president of the United States.
Hillary Clinton, meanwhile, managed to win only 38pc of the vote.
Speaking to the Recorder in February last year – just after Trump won the Republican primary in New Hampshire – Plaistow town manager Sean Fitzgerald said the area had become increasingly “purple” (a mix of blue Democrats and red Republicans) in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
During a visit to Plaistow, Newham on September 29, selectman (like a councillor) Julian Kiszka said he found east London “wonderful”.
In an assessment of his own town, he said: “Our Plaistow is probably like this Plaistow was 500 years ago – at least in terms of population.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns