Plaistow Greggs given new lease of life
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES
One of the UK’s leading high street bakery chains has given its Plaistow outlet a makeover.
The newly reopened Greggs shop in Barking Road has been redesigned to meet the demands of busy food-on-the-go shoppers, who typically purchase food to be eaten at their convenience rather than to be taken home.
The shop layout aims to offer customers more space and includes seating and free Wi-Fi.
Merlin Parn, shop manager at Greggs on Barking Road, said: “I am very proud to be managing this new-look shop and the shop team are looking forward to hearing what the local community think of the new look.”
One of the first UK chains to accept Apple Pay – Greggs serves more than six million customers a week in Britain.
You may also want to watch:
Raymond Reynolds, retail director for Greggs, said: “We are delighted to be able to invest in Plaistow and provide our valued customers with a modern and comfortable upgrade to the shop.
“This underlines our long-term commitment to the area and I’m sure it will be enjoyed by existing and new customers alike.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Visit greggs.co.uk for more.