Plaistow girls lands a spot in the Fashion Futures Final
- Credit: Archant
Mylena Silveira Vidal Matos is taking steps towards a career in fashion.
The 17-year-old has been selected as one of the 19 finalists for the 2015 Fashion Futures Final.
Mylena, from Plaistow, said it felt “very surreal” to have made the final.
She said: “I was not expecting myself to go that far and I’m really proud to be one of the FAD finalists.
“To be honest I never knew I had the talent of creating and designing things by myself.”
The finalists undertook ten weeks of practical workshops with FAD before presenting their finished portfolios to a panel of industry experts.
“The workshops were really great,” Mylena said. “I really enjoyed working on my own design and seeing everything from the very beginning becoming an actual outfit.”
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
- 5 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 6 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 7 Free waffles for first customers at Royal Wharf Creams Café
- 8 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 9 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
“I’m actually quite nervous for the final as it’s going to be my first time joining at London Fashion Week,” she added.
The finalists’ designs will be judged by a panel of industry experts to decide a winner and three runners up.
“I would say that London made me interested in fashion,” Mylena said.
“We have so many cultures located in one single country, and that is such a good way to find inspiration.”
Keep up to date with Mylena’s progress here.