Christmas Day fire in Plaistow leaves family homeless
PUBLISHED: 10:13 25 December 2017 | UPDATED: 10:31 25 December 2017
A family have been left homeless after a devastating house fire at their Plaistow home this morning.
Two women were rescued by fire crews and treated for smoke inhalation following the blaze on Chalk Road which took hold at around 12.40am.
Five other people managed to escape before fire crews arrived.
A total of six fire engines attended the scene and 35 firefighters from Plaistow, East Ham, Stratford and Barking stations fought the blaze for almost two hours.
The entire two-storey house has been badly damaged.
Peter Bohuslav, a friend of the family, is appealing for donations as his friends have lost all their possessions.
He told the Recorder: “They have nothing, no clothes, no shoes, no blankets and their ID has been lost.
“If anyone has anything they would like to donate they can contact me and I’ll come and collect it.”
Anyone with donations can contact Peter on 07961 596 244.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Newham Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.