Plaistow bereavement centre offers pampering services
Staff at a bereavement centre in Plaistow will be offering pampering services to help them raise funds.
The Drop in Bereavement Centre t 187 Grange Road will be running a two-day Well Being Pampering Event today and Saturday.
Staff see the event as an opportunity to raise awareness among bereaved individuals and families about the benefits of complimentary therapy treatments following a loss.
Visitors will get the chance to meet and talk with therapists about how reflexology or Reiki can help relax the mind and body.
There will also be information on free taster workshops available for those on benefits.
You may also want to watch:
The event will run from 10am to 2pm on both days. Treatments cost �10 with all proceeds going towards the cost of hiring a mini bus for a community Christmas event.
Call 0207 511 6444 for booking appointments details.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
The centre provides ongoing help and support for bereaved individuals and families to help them to come to terms with loss.
It is open for both Newham residents and those from outside the borough.