Plaistow bereavement centre offers pampering services
Staff at a bereavement centre in Plaistow will be offering pampering services to help them raise funds.
The Drop in Bereavement Centre t 187 Grange Road will be running a two-day Well Being Pampering Event today and Saturday.
Staff see the event as an opportunity to raise awareness among bereaved individuals and families about the benefits of complimentary therapy treatments following a loss.
Visitors will get the chance to meet and talk with therapists about how reflexology or Reiki can help relax the mind and body.
There will also be information on free taster workshops available for those on benefits.
You may also want to watch:
The event will run from 10am to 2pm on both days. Treatments cost �10 with all proceeds going towards the cost of hiring a mini bus for a community Christmas event.
Call 0207 511 6444 for booking appointments details.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
The centre provides ongoing help and support for bereaved individuals and families to help them to come to terms with loss.
It is open for both Newham residents and those from outside the borough.