Plaistow bereavement centre offers pampering services
Staff at a bereavement centre in Plaistow will be offering pampering services to help them raise funds.
The Drop in Bereavement Centre t 187 Grange Road will be running a two-day Well Being Pampering Event today and Saturday.
Staff see the event as an opportunity to raise awareness among bereaved individuals and families about the benefits of complimentary therapy treatments following a loss.
Visitors will get the chance to meet and talk with therapists about how reflexology or Reiki can help relax the mind and body.
There will also be information on free taster workshops available for those on benefits.
The event will run from 10am to 2pm on both days. Treatments cost �10 with all proceeds going towards the cost of hiring a mini bus for a community Christmas event.
Call 0207 511 6444 for booking appointments details.
- 1 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 3 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 4 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 5 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 8 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 'A kind, gentle man': Tributes to retired printworker and beloved father
The centre provides ongoing help and support for bereaved individuals and families to help them to come to terms with loss.
It is open for both Newham residents and those from outside the borough.