Plaistow bank staff to don aprons for charity coffee morning
Staff at Barclays will be swapping their suits for aprons on Friday as they support a cancer charity for a coffee morning.
The employees, from the bank’s Barking Road, Plaistow branch, will be taking part in Macmillan Cancer Support’s famous World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
They will be serving their customers a cuppa and a slice of something sweet in the hope of raising £750 for people affected by cancer. The fundraiser is set to be a storming success with a nail technician visiting the branch on tomorrow and pampering customers in exchange for a donation to Macmillan.
On Friday branch staff will sell coffee and cake and invite customers to take part in a raffle with fantastic prizes.
In 2012 Barclays employees and customers across the UK smashed the fundraising target and raised £640,000 for Macmillan, helping the charity to provide practical, medical, emotional and financial support to people affected by cancer so that no one has to face cancer alone.
You may also want to watch:
Fred Marfo, Branch Manager said: “We’re delighted to be supporting Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning once again this year. Our event was a huge success last year and we’re really looking forward to inviting the local community to join us once again for such a good cause. There really couldn’t be an easier way to make a difference.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow