Pitch Battle: Forest Gate choirmaster to perform on BBC talent show
- Credit: BBC/Tuesday's Child/Guy Levy
A choirmaster from Forest Gate is hoping to hit the right notes with celebrity judges for a new prime-time, talent singing show.
Naveen Arles’s London International Gospel Choir (LIGC) will feature in BBC One’s new entertainment contest, Pitch Battle, this Saturday at 7.30pm.
The show sees 30 choirs taking on Pitch Perfect-style singing showdowns in order to progress to the live final where they could win a £50,000 cash prize.
Six choirs will compete in each episode and Naveen’s open community choir – which specialises in gospel, pop, jazz, funk and soul – is in the second heat.
Judges Kelis and Gareth Malone will decide which musical group makes it through but artistic director Naveen, 31, insists there is no rivalry between him and his competitors.
You may also want to watch:
“We love getting together and were all inspired by hearing each other’s music,” he said.
“We got to step up our game and together we make an amazing show.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking