Duchess of Cambridge Kate plays hockey at Olympic Park
Former schoolgirl hockey captain the Duchess of Cambridge took to the pitch today to give the Great Britain women’s team a boost - before smashing home a goal.
Kate arrived wearing eye-catching skin-tight jeans, blue heels and matching blazer, but changed into a grey Team GB sweatshirt and Adidas trainers when she took to the pitch to showcase her skills.
The 30-year-old looked nervous as she joined the Great Britain Olympic team at the London 2012 Olympic Park.
But her nerves were quickly dispelled as Kate - who captained Marlborough College first XI as a teenager - wowed the crowds with her skills.
Addressing the women’s team, she said: “I really hoped to be here, I would love to see you play in the Games.
You may also want to watch:
“Now I have seen the set-up and got to see behind the scenes it would be really exciting to come back and see everyone in action. Good luck with everything.
“I was really looking forward to coming here but now I am here and have discovered I have to play, I am not feeling so confident.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“The colour of the pitch is, well, eye-catching. My trousers really clash.
“The last time I played was 2005, maybe. It feels like I haven’t held a stick for 10 years.
“This is going to be so embarrassing. My brain thinks I can do all these wonderful things but my body just doesn’t play ball.”