Duchess of Cambridge Kate plays hockey at Olympic Park
Former schoolgirl hockey captain the Duchess of Cambridge took to the pitch today to give the Great Britain women’s team a boost - before smashing home a goal.
Kate arrived wearing eye-catching skin-tight jeans, blue heels and matching blazer, but changed into a grey Team GB sweatshirt and Adidas trainers when she took to the pitch to showcase her skills.
The 30-year-old looked nervous as she joined the Great Britain Olympic team at the London 2012 Olympic Park.
But her nerves were quickly dispelled as Kate - who captained Marlborough College first XI as a teenager - wowed the crowds with her skills.
Addressing the women’s team, she said: “I really hoped to be here, I would love to see you play in the Games.
“Now I have seen the set-up and got to see behind the scenes it would be really exciting to come back and see everyone in action. Good luck with everything.
“I was really looking forward to coming here but now I am here and have discovered I have to play, I am not feeling so confident.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 5 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
“The colour of the pitch is, well, eye-catching. My trousers really clash.
“The last time I played was 2005, maybe. It feels like I haven’t held a stick for 10 years.
“This is going to be so embarrassing. My brain thinks I can do all these wonderful things but my body just doesn’t play ball.”