Pip an Olympic hero to the post
It’s not every day you have the chance to pip Olympic champion sprinter Usain Bolt or Stratford’s golden girl Christine Ohuruogu to the post – but you can thanks to the Newham Recorder.
We have teamed up with Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales and Newham Council to offer ten lucky readers a fantastic opportunity to be part of something historic and be among the first people across the Olympic finish line.
Ten free places – normal charge �15 – are up for grabs to take part in the National Lottery Olympic Park Run on Saturday March 31.
A total of 5,000 runners will race around the five-mile course, which will take competitors past the new Velodrome and Aquatics Centre before culminating in the Olympic Stadium.
In addition to being able to end the race by crossing the Olympic finish line, each of our ten lucky runners will also receive two free spectator passes giving your family of friends access to the Olympic Stadium on the day.
Mayor Sir Robin Wales said: “We have secured 500 places in the National Lottery Olympic Park Run for Newham residents and ten of those will go to Newham Recorder readers who want to make sporting history and be the first to cross the London 2012 finish line.
“The race is open to entrants of all abilities, whether you’re an experienced runner or a novice and on the day, a host of past and present Olympic and Paralympic stars will be present both participating and offering support.”
- 1 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 2 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 5 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 6 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 7 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
- 10 Best Western hotel approved despite school opposition
The first ten Recorder readers to call after 10am today (Wednesday) will be allocated a place in the run. Contact Natalie Osei-Owusu on (020) 3373 3793 with your name, age, address and email address.
The places will be allocated on a first come first served basis and you must be able to prove you are a Newham resident. All participants have to be 16 or over on the day of the run. For more information about the National Lottery Olympic Park Run visit www.nationallotteryrun.com