Pictures: The Mayor’s Newham Show 2014
- Credit: Archant
The dazzling colours and vibrant sounds of a Brazilian carnival captivated the thousands who enjoyed this year’s record-breaking Mayor’s Newham Show.
Inspired by the 2014 World Cup and taking place on final weekend, more than 500 children took to the streets around East Ham’s Central Park led by a dancer in trophy-inspired attire
Featuring samba, steel bands and salsa rhythms, the youngsters wore costumes made themselves at carnival camps in the days before, to help launch the two-day extravaganza.
More than 55,000 enjoyed the glorious weather and party atmosphere.
Highlights included a purpose-built British seaside, the Great Newham Bake Off, a replica First World War trench and a host of sporty activities.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham