Pictures: Sun shines on Cody Dock community event
- Credit: Archant
Hula-hooping and hip-hop workshops were among the varied activites on offer at a family fun day held at Cody Dock.
The Something event, organised by community group Unitygroove, attracted more than 1,200 adults and children on Saturday.
Belle Tidswell, of Unitygroove, said: “It was a fun day out so thank you to everyone for supporting us and coming out.
“The weather was great which was perfect and it gave the whole event a really nice atmosphere.”
Although only a few hundred pounds was raised towards the group’s aim of funding their own permanent community hub, Belle hopes that the event was well enjoyed by those for attended.
You may also want to watch:
“There were a lot of people who hadn’t been to Cody Dock before who came along, so it was good to raise its profile,” she added.
For information about forthcoming events, visit unitygroove.org
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
For more pictures, click on the picture gallery on the right.