Pictures: Sun shines on Cody Dock community event
- Credit: Archant
Hula-hooping and hip-hop workshops were among the varied activites on offer at a family fun day held at Cody Dock.
The Something event, organised by community group Unitygroove, attracted more than 1,200 adults and children on Saturday.
Belle Tidswell, of Unitygroove, said: “It was a fun day out so thank you to everyone for supporting us and coming out.
“The weather was great which was perfect and it gave the whole event a really nice atmosphere.”
Although only a few hundred pounds was raised towards the group’s aim of funding their own permanent community hub, Belle hopes that the event was well enjoyed by those for attended.
You may also want to watch:
“There were a lot of people who hadn’t been to Cody Dock before who came along, so it was good to raise its profile,” she added.
For information about forthcoming events, visit unitygroove.org
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
For more pictures, click on the picture gallery on the right.