Pictures: Sun shines on Cody Dock community event
- Credit: Archant
Hula-hooping and hip-hop workshops were among the varied activites on offer at a family fun day held at Cody Dock.
The Something event, organised by community group Unitygroove, attracted more than 1,200 adults and children on Saturday.
Belle Tidswell, of Unitygroove, said: “It was a fun day out so thank you to everyone for supporting us and coming out.
“The weather was great which was perfect and it gave the whole event a really nice atmosphere.”
Although only a few hundred pounds was raised towards the group’s aim of funding their own permanent community hub, Belle hopes that the event was well enjoyed by those for attended.
“There were a lot of people who hadn’t been to Cody Dock before who came along, so it was good to raise its profile,” she added.
For information about forthcoming events, visit unitygroove.org
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
For more pictures, click on the picture gallery on the right.