PICTURES: Stratford station ‘evacuated’ due to overcrowding amid Tube strike
- Credit: Archant
Stratford station has been evacuated as passengers were being ‘trapped’ inside due to overcrowding.
Thousands of commuters are waiting on the concourse outside for news following an emergency announcement on the tannoy.
Reports described the situation as “chaos” with all services including London Overground and National Rail affected.
One man, @Gerard80, said on Twitter: “I was there and it’s carnage. I work at Stratford but people are rude. We are all in the same situation but people are crushing.”
Commuters had to take alternate journeys into work this morning thanks to the first of a three-day Tube strike.
For more pictures click on the gallery.
- 1 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 4 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 5 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 6 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 9 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home