PICTURES: Stratford station ‘evacuated’ due to overcrowding amid Tube strike
- Credit: Archant
Stratford station has been evacuated as passengers were being ‘trapped’ inside due to overcrowding.
Thousands of commuters are waiting on the concourse outside for news following an emergency announcement on the tannoy.
Reports described the situation as “chaos” with all services including London Overground and National Rail affected.
One man, @Gerard80, said on Twitter: “I was there and it’s carnage. I work at Stratford but people are rude. We are all in the same situation but people are crushing.”
Commuters had to take alternate journeys into work this morning thanks to the first of a three-day Tube strike.
For more pictures click on the gallery.
- 1 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 7 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas