Pictures: Splashing time at Great Newham London Swim
- Credit: Laura Radford Photography
Swimmers braved the chilly waters of the Royal Victoria Dock to take part in the Great Newham London Swim.
The open-water course saw 1,500 swimmers of all ages and abilities tackle either a half-mile or one-mile swim, many doing so in the name of charity.
Among the famous faces making a splash on Saturday were television presenter Andy Akinwolere and Towie star Ferne McCann.
She said: “When you’re doing it – when you’re in the water, you’re on your own – that’s daunting.
The Great Newham London Swim was the fourth Great Swim event of 2015.
It finished alongside the ExCel and participants were supported by a team of safety kayakers and lifeguards.
Alex Jackson, Great Swim Series event director said: “It’s been a fantastic day at the Royal Victoria Dock – the amazing weather, inspirational swimmers and enthusiastic supporters have made it an event to remember.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 10 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
“We want to say a huge well done to everyone who took part and thank our partners Newham Council and the Royal Docks for their support.”