Pictures: Newham College students rewarded for success
- Credit: Michael Cockerham
Newham College’s outstanding stars were presented with certificates at a student awards ceremony.
They gathered at the Troxy theatre in Limehouse to celebrate academic, sporting and leadership excellence in a range of categories.
The evening was arranged in support of the Learning Revolution Trust, a charity established by the college to remove the financial and social barriers to education that disadvantaged students face.
Awards were sponsored by a number of businesses and organisations, including the Recorder, who sponsored the Student of the Year award.
Parin Bahl, Newham College’s chair of the board of governors, said: “Our awards ceremony celebrates the hard work, ambition and tenacity of students and staff at the College. Our students’ individual stories will encourage others to aspire to excellence.
You may also want to watch:
“Our students recognise that support from their teachers, other students, their families, friends, employers and College partners have helped to create the conditions for their achievements to date.
“The ceremony also gives us an opportunity to shout about the fantastic support, over many years, provided by the sponsors, employers and partners.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
Check out Wednesday’s copy of the Recorder for the full list of winners.