Pictures: Macmillan coffee mornings raise hundreds for charity
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers of all ages united to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support on Friday.
Youngsters at Dragonfly Day Nursery in Carnarvon Road, Stratford, released balloons in support of the charity, while members of staff baked cakes.
“The children enjoyed it very much,” said Lily Fernandes, the nursery’s deputy manager. “It’s a charity very close to our hearts and we’ll be doing more to support it.
“We don’t know how much we’ve raised yet but hopefully it’ll be about £300.”
Residents of Hedgerow Court in East Ham enjoyed a coffee afternoon, with a raffle featuring prizes donated from businesses in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Letchford, who organised the event, said he managed to raise £320.
Want to see your coffee morning featured in our gallery? Email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 What's on across east London this weekend?