Pictures: London Boat Show sails into ExCel
- Credit: Archant
What do Princess Anne and Nicole Scherzinger have in common?
The answer is a bit closer to home than you might think.
HRH The Princess Royal and the former X Factor judge were among those attending the London Boat Show, which runs at the ExCel until tomorrow.
The singer, who rose to fame with the Pussycat Dolls, cut the ribbon on board a Sunseeker yacht to launch the 10 day event.
Princess Anne paid a visit on Wednesday to tour around the exhibition, meeting companies showcasing cutting-edge products and boats.
Peter Newbury, commodore at Little Ship Club, said: “It was a privilege to meet HRH The Princess Royal.
“Her attendance at the show isn’t just amazing for the show but for clubs such as ours.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 Kelman's first goal lifts Leyton Orient to third straight win
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 London among areas where drought is declared
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 9 Two guilty of killing rapper who featured in BBC teen knife crime documentary
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
“Her dedication and interest in the marine industry is breathtaking.”
Visitors to the show can enjoy talks, explore boats and meet their sailing heroes.
If you’ve ever wanted to control your weather, there is the chance to part a rain curtain to gain access to the show.
A watersports pool gives budding kayakers and canoeists to take part in free taster sessions, while those preferring to remain on dry land canenjoy a 4D experience walking through a number of nautical locations.
The show is open from 10am until 6pm. Tickets cost £20 on the gate, or £15 online at londonboatshow.com, with up to two children aged 15 and under admitted free with every adult.