Pictures: Life-sized elephant stomps into East Ham Market Hall for Enchanted festival
- Credit: Archant
It’s not everyday that a life-sized mechanical elephant stomps down East Ham high street.
But “Nelly” was the star of the show at the enchanted festival held at East Ham Market Hall on Saturday.
A stilt walker, story telling and facepainting were among the other attractions that helped pull in more than 500 people to the event organised in conjunction with Newham Council.
Michelle Fitzgibbons, sales and marketing manager of East Ham Market Hall, said: “Nelly the elephant did stop people in their tracks.
“The kids really enjoyed it and parents were ecstatic that something as fun as this was being held in East Ham.
“There was a complete party atmosphere all through the market.”
To see more photos, click on the picture gallery on the right.
- 1 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 7 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas