Pictures: Fun day to launch Royal Docks community market
- Credit: Archant
Royal Docks residents celebrated their first community market with a day of fun activities.
The four hour event, organised after users of Asta Community Hub and the Royal Docks Learning and Activity Centre expressed a wish for a community market, attracted hundreds to Pier Parade.
Tracy Smith, who helped organise it, said: “We’d allowed for 50 stalls but we had nearly 60 in the end, so it was a squeeze to fit them all in.
“Some people who live in the tower blocks had a table and said it gave them a chance to engage with the community.
“It went really well and the feedback we had was great.”
You may also want to watch:
She added that a second market is planned for late September, with the ultimate outcome to run a regular community market in the Royal Docks area.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property