Pictures: Fashion show in Newham raises £1,000 for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
East London fashionistas recently hosted Newham’s take on London Fashion Week, raising £1,000 for Cancer Research.
The show took place at The Hub, in Star Lane, Canning Town, featuring upcoming designers, models and stylists.
Inspiration came after an organiser’s uncle died from Cancer.
Hussain “H” Ayed, 23, said: “I vowed I would turn this unfortunate event into a boost of energy.”
He joined friends Khalil Odubamowo, Rochelle Loren Mullings and Stella Nevins to produce the community event.
You may also want to watch:
H said: “Two months of planning, communication, networking and implementation was topped off by a one-of-a-kind event.”
Khalil, 24, secured funding from his employer HSBC to start things off.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Flying Hammers face testing week with games coming thick and fast
The team mustered around 40 contributors to the show which featured catwalks, live music, a DJ, a bar and food, and through ticket sales and sponsorship the group raised £500 which HSBC matched, doubling the amount.
For more pictures of the fashion show click on the picture gallery.