Pictures: Fashion show in Newham raises £1,000 for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
East London fashionistas recently hosted Newham’s take on London Fashion Week, raising £1,000 for Cancer Research.
The show took place at The Hub, in Star Lane, Canning Town, featuring upcoming designers, models and stylists.
Inspiration came after an organiser’s uncle died from Cancer.
Hussain “H” Ayed, 23, said: “I vowed I would turn this unfortunate event into a boost of energy.”
He joined friends Khalil Odubamowo, Rochelle Loren Mullings and Stella Nevins to produce the community event.
You may also want to watch:
H said: “Two months of planning, communication, networking and implementation was topped off by a one-of-a-kind event.”
Khalil, 24, secured funding from his employer HSBC to start things off.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
The team mustered around 40 contributors to the show which featured catwalks, live music, a DJ, a bar and food, and through ticket sales and sponsorship the group raised £500 which HSBC matched, doubling the amount.
For more pictures of the fashion show click on the picture gallery.