Pictures: Families enjoy Newham Hospital open day
- Credit: Archant
The grounds of Newham Hospital might not be the first place you’d think of going for a fun afternoon, but that all changed on Saturday as hundreds headed to a free open day.
Organised by Barts Health NHS Trust, families could enjoy a range of funfair-like stalls such as hook-a-duck and a buzz wire.
Children could dress up in their own balloon hat and play on a bouncy castle.
But it wasn’t all fun and games, as the serious side of the four hour event also saw a range of health advice given out.
There was also the chance to explore emergency service vehicles and find out more about NHS jobs at the careers fair.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 3 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 4 Family sends 'heartfelt thanks' after missing East Ham girl found
- 5 'A key moment': Plans to expand ExCeL by 21,000sqm approved
- 6 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 7 Government allocates millions of pounds to help people through winter - how much did your area receive?
- 8 Men remain in hospital after triple shooting
- 9 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham