Pictures: Chinese New Year celebrations
- Credit: Archant
It’s out with the horse and in with the sheep.
Chinese New Year has been marked across the borough with colourful celebrations and plenty of festival fun.
Visitors to the Stratford Centre could see performances from lion dancers and stilt walkers this afternoon.
The shopping centre also hosted an online competition, with social media users able to win a hamper full of Chinese food.
The festival might only officially start today, but the celebrations got underway early at East Ham Market Hall, with a lion dance performance taking place at the weekend.
Youngsters could also join in with themed craft activities, making a memento to mark the occasion.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend