Pictures: Beckton baby party celebrates Princess Charlotte’s birth
- Credit: Vickie Flores
These babies might not be in line to the throne, but they certainly look as royal as the young Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
The dozen tots dressed to impress at a royal baby party, held at St Mark’s Community Centre, to mark the birth of the newest heir earlier this month.
Crowns and princess dresses were the order of the day, with the British flag proudly displayed and waved by the young guests.
Friday’s event was put on as part of the baby sensory class, which takes place weekly at the Tollgate Road centre.
It was organised by Essie Abdullah, who said: “Parents made a huge effort to dress their babies up and make little crowns especially for the occasion.
“Our hall was transformed into our own Baby Sensory Kingdom with our baby princes and princesses enjoying the music making, singing, sensory experiences and exploratory play.”
She added that the event was organised as a response to other parties being organised at sensory classes across the country to mark the occasion.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
Essie said: “I thought it a wonderful opportunity for our parents and babies in Beckton to take part in something really special.”