Picture Gallery: The Vamps sign albums for fans in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Hoards of screaming girls flocked to Westfield Stratford City to meet teen boyband The Vamps.
The group signed their debut album for 1,000 lucky competition winners at the shopping centre yesterday afternoon following a performance at Westfield London earlier in the day.
Tears ensued as stunned “Vampettes” met their heroes after a long wait, with many clutching handmade signs and wearing handmade tshirts.
The boys travelled between their appearances using the Central line, judging by a picture posted on their Twitter page with the caption “Tube times!” - which has since been retweeted more than 2,000 times.
The group, whose track Can We Dance reached number two in the charts, refreshed with smoothies from the shopping centre’s Boost bar.
You may also want to watch:
They played at Westfield London last year as part of Westfield Presents.
See the picture gallery on the right for more photos.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash