Picture Gallery: The Vamps sign albums for fans in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Hoards of screaming girls flocked to Westfield Stratford City to meet teen boyband The Vamps.
The group signed their debut album for 1,000 lucky competition winners at the shopping centre yesterday afternoon following a performance at Westfield London earlier in the day.
Tears ensued as stunned “Vampettes” met their heroes after a long wait, with many clutching handmade signs and wearing handmade tshirts.
The boys travelled between their appearances using the Central line, judging by a picture posted on their Twitter page with the caption “Tube times!” - which has since been retweeted more than 2,000 times.
The group, whose track Can We Dance reached number two in the charts, refreshed with smoothies from the shopping centre’s Boost bar.
They played at Westfield London last year as part of Westfield Presents.
See the picture gallery on the right for more photos.
- 1 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 4 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 5 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 6 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 9 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home