Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- Credit: Google Maps
The police are trying to identify a person who was found dead at an Underground station.
Officers were called to Plaistow Tube station at 6.05pm on Saturday, February 20 following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
The person was pronounced dead at the scene.
A British Transport Police spokesperson said: "Officers are working to identify the individual and inform their next of kin.
"This incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file is being prepared for the coroner."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help should call 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 3 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 4 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 5 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 6 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 7 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 8 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick
- 9 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 10 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight