Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- Credit: Google Maps
The police are trying to identify a person who was found dead at an Underground station.
Officers were called to Plaistow Tube station at 6.05pm on Saturday, February 20 following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
The person was pronounced dead at the scene.
A British Transport Police spokesperson said: "Officers are working to identify the individual and inform their next of kin.
"This incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file is being prepared for the coroner."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help should call 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town