Permission granted for 194 homes in Stratford
- Credit: Levitt Bernstein
A new 194-home neighbourhood on the edge of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park has been given the go-ahead.
The London Legacy Development Corporation has granted planning permission for the Cooks Road site, situated close to Pudding Mill Lane station.
The former industrial site is being developed by Bellway Homes and will feature 2,000m sq of commerical space, wide pedestrian walkways and a communal courtyard.
Designed by Levitt Bernstein, the homes will range from one-bedroom apartments to three-bedroom duplexes, with 25 per cent being affordable.
Barry McCullough, director at Levitt Bernstein, said: “We’re delighted to have secured planning consent for this development, where our vision is to breathe life into a run down brownfield site with new buildings,homes, streets and landscape that will set a high benchmark for future projects in this part of the Olympic Legacy area”.
Tom Harris, land director at Bellway, added: “We are fully committed to regenerating this key brownfield site and consider the scheme to be a much needed catalyst to the regeneration the wider Pudding Mill area.
“The site at Cooks Road we hope will be the first of an exciting new neighbourhood for east London.”
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 7 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 8 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 9 Steven Fry: Canning Town man accused of murder to stand trial
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
Work on the development is expected to start later this year, with a target completion date of 2018.