Pensioner attacked in East Ham home with his own sword
Pensioner is stabbed with his own sword
A pensioner has been stabbed with a sword in his home after trying to scare off three intruders.
Scotland Yard have revealed that man, aged 65, had the sword on display in his living room and tried to scare off the youths in his garden in Barking Road, East Ham.
But it is thought two of them got inside the house and in the confrontation the man was stabbed.
Officers are appealing for information after the stabbing at the house, near St Bartholomew’s Road, East Ham, following an aggravated burglary.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened last Saturday June 9. Scotland Yard said the victim awoke to noises outside his bedroom window and saw three youths in his front garden.
Said a spokesman: “He shouted at the youths to scare them off. He then took a sword that he had on display in his living room and returned to a window and waved it at the youths. Moments later he returned to look out of his bedroom window again and saw no-one outside. He walked out of his bedroom to find out that two of the youths were standing on his landing.”
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
The pensioner shouted at them to leave again. The youths assaulted him, one of the suspects using a samurai sword that had been taken from the victim’s flat, at about 1.30am. The youths ran off, taking the samurai sword with them, which has not been recovered at this time.
The man suffered multiple stab wounds and was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Detectives from Newham borough are investigating. At this stage there have been no arrests.
No description of the suspects is available.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call police on 101 or the Violent Crime Unit on (020) 7275 5859. To speak anonymously call Crimestoppers call 0800 555 111.