Penguin Dash for Beckton hospice: Time running out to sign up
Potential “penguin dashers” have just over two weeks to sign up for a children’s hospice charity run.
The deadline for the Richard House 2km penguin dash is November 28 and organisers are encouraging people to sign up fast before spaces run out.
Up to 300 people dressed in full-length penguin suits run through a route in Spitalfields and The City on December 1.
It follows last year’s Santa Run also organised by Richard House Children’s Hospice.
Organisers will provide costumes but participants are permitted to customise them in whatever way they wish.
You may also want to watch:
Natasha Reynolds, events fundraiser at Richard House, said: “We want to hold an event that will capture people’s attention and 300 penguins darting around Spitalfields seems a good way to do that.”
After the event there will be seasonal food, drinks and mince pies at the finishing posts.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 10 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
Registration for the event is �20 and minimum sponsorship is �50. Register online at www.richardhouse.org.uk/Events/Major+UK+events/Penguin+Dash. For details on taking part, call Natasha Reynolds on 020 7540 0221, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.