Penguin Dash for Beckton hospice: Time running out to sign up
Potential “penguin dashers” have just over two weeks to sign up for a children’s hospice charity run.
The deadline for the Richard House 2km penguin dash is November 28 and organisers are encouraging people to sign up fast before spaces run out.
Up to 300 people dressed in full-length penguin suits run through a route in Spitalfields and The City on December 1.
It follows last year’s Santa Run also organised by Richard House Children’s Hospice.
Organisers will provide costumes but participants are permitted to customise them in whatever way they wish.
Natasha Reynolds, events fundraiser at Richard House, said: “We want to hold an event that will capture people’s attention and 300 penguins darting around Spitalfields seems a good way to do that.”
After the event there will be seasonal food, drinks and mince pies at the finishing posts.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 3 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 4 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
Registration for the event is �20 and minimum sponsorship is �50. Register online at www.richardhouse.org.uk/Events/Major+UK+events/Penguin+Dash. For details on taking part, call Natasha Reynolds on 020 7540 0221, or email email@example.com.