Penguin Dash for Beckton hospice: Time running out to sign up
Potential “penguin dashers” have just over two weeks to sign up for a children’s hospice charity run.
The deadline for the Richard House 2km penguin dash is November 28 and organisers are encouraging people to sign up fast before spaces run out.
Up to 300 people dressed in full-length penguin suits run through a route in Spitalfields and The City on December 1.
It follows last year’s Santa Run also organised by Richard House Children’s Hospice.
Organisers will provide costumes but participants are permitted to customise them in whatever way they wish.
You may also want to watch:
Natasha Reynolds, events fundraiser at Richard House, said: “We want to hold an event that will capture people’s attention and 300 penguins darting around Spitalfields seems a good way to do that.”
After the event there will be seasonal food, drinks and mince pies at the finishing posts.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 10 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
Registration for the event is �20 and minimum sponsorship is �50. Register online at www.richardhouse.org.uk/Events/Major+UK+events/Penguin+Dash. For details on taking part, call Natasha Reynolds on 020 7540 0221, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.