Pedestrian hit by car near Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
A man has been rushed to hospital after being hit by a car on the A13 near Canning Town this morning.
Emergency services were called to the busy dual carriageway, at the junction of Freemasons Road, following reports of a crash between a pedestrian and a Ford Focus car at about 10.30am.
It is believed the pedestrian, in his thirties, has suffered a leg injury.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital escorted by the doctor from London’s Air Ambulance.”
All lanes have now re-opened but motorists are being warned of delays.
You may also want to watch:
Police, two ambulances and an air ambulance attended the scene.
Are you at the scene? Call Seema with information on 020 8477 3879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding