Pedestrian ‘critical’ after East Ham road incident: Road closure and bus diversions in place
A pedestrian is in hospital with critical injuries after he was knocked down by a car in the early hours of this morning in East Ham.
Now police say that High Street North, East Ham, could be closed off for much of this morning and possibly late in to the afternoon while they recover the vehicle involved in the incident and carry out their investigations.
Scotland Yard said police were called to High Street North, near the junction with Milton Avenue, at around 1.40am following reports of a fail-to-stop collision.
A 26-year-old man received serious multiple injuries in the accident. The driver of the vehicle involved has been arrested and is in custody.
The victim has been taken to an East London Hospital following the incident near East Ham Underground station.
“We have been advised by officers at the scene that the recovery work will take some time and the roads may be closed for much of this morning, and even into the afternoon, “ said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
A number of bus routes serving the area have been diverted.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
Travellers are advised to allow extra time for their journeys to the station.