Pedestrian ‘critical’ after East Ham road incident: Road closure and bus diversions in place
A pedestrian is in hospital with critical injuries after he was knocked down by a car in the early hours of this morning in East Ham.
Now police say that High Street North, East Ham, could be closed off for much of this morning and possibly late in to the afternoon while they recover the vehicle involved in the incident and carry out their investigations.
Scotland Yard said police were called to High Street North, near the junction with Milton Avenue, at around 1.40am following reports of a fail-to-stop collision.
A 26-year-old man received serious multiple injuries in the accident. The driver of the vehicle involved has been arrested and is in custody.
The victim has been taken to an East London Hospital following the incident near East Ham Underground station.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been advised by officers at the scene that the recovery work will take some time and the roads may be closed for much of this morning, and even into the afternoon, “ said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
A number of bus routes serving the area have been diverted.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
Travellers are advised to allow extra time for their journeys to the station.