Pedestrian ‘critical’ after East Ham road incident: Road closure and bus diversions in place
A pedestrian is in hospital with critical injuries after he was knocked down by a car in the early hours of this morning in East Ham.
Now police say that High Street North, East Ham, could be closed off for much of this morning and possibly late in to the afternoon while they recover the vehicle involved in the incident and carry out their investigations.
Scotland Yard said police were called to High Street North, near the junction with Milton Avenue, at around 1.40am following reports of a fail-to-stop collision.
A 26-year-old man received serious multiple injuries in the accident. The driver of the vehicle involved has been arrested and is in custody.
The victim has been taken to an East London Hospital following the incident near East Ham Underground station.
“We have been advised by officers at the scene that the recovery work will take some time and the roads may be closed for much of this morning, and even into the afternoon, “ said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
A number of bus routes serving the area have been diverted.
- 1 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 2 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 5 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 6 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 7 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
- 10 Best Western hotel approved despite school opposition
Travellers are advised to allow extra time for their journeys to the station.