Pedestrian ‘critical’ after East Ham road incident: Road closure and bus diversions in place
A pedestrian is in hospital with critical injuries after he was knocked down by a car in the early hours of this morning in East Ham.
Now police say that High Street North, East Ham, could be closed off for much of this morning and possibly late in to the afternoon while they recover the vehicle involved in the incident and carry out their investigations.
Scotland Yard said police were called to High Street North, near the junction with Milton Avenue, at around 1.40am following reports of a fail-to-stop collision.
A 26-year-old man received serious multiple injuries in the accident. The driver of the vehicle involved has been arrested and is in custody.
The victim has been taken to an East London Hospital following the incident near East Ham Underground station.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been advised by officers at the scene that the recovery work will take some time and the roads may be closed for much of this morning, and even into the afternoon, “ said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
A number of bus routes serving the area have been diverted.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 3 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 4 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 10 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
Travellers are advised to allow extra time for their journeys to the station.